Linda Jo Datwyler, 81, of Albia, IA, passed away on Saturday, October 8, 2022, with family at her bedside. A celebration of her life will be held October 28th at 11 am at Trinity United Methodist Church in Albia. Born in Marshalltown, Linda lived in Indianola when she met her husband of 32 years, Keith Datwyler, from Peru. Linda loved farm life and raising their children, Marji and Kirk, in the country. She volunteered countless hours supporting youth, civic, and charitable organizations. At age 50 she graduated as a registered nurse and soon became certified as a Parish Nurse. Her Christian faith was the center of Linda’s life and she led numerous children’s, health and prayer ministries. In 2017 she graduated from the Methodist School of Lay Ministry. Family was always a priority. Favorite activities included annual family camping reunions, fishing trips to Canada, and supporting her grand- and great grandchildren’s activities. She loved to read, garden and go to movies (Coke, popcorn & chocolate required!) Linda will be remembered as a life-long learner, who was committed to faith, family, and service. She is celebrated for her love, her courage and her positive impact on others.
- MCHC trustees welcome Steva Havick Judge to board
- Cattlemen name Hall of Famers, hear of battles in Washington, D.C.
- Tornado sirens wail in Albia, but nothing touches down
- The Gift of Giving
- Kaeson Beals wins at Ft. Worth
- Music returns to the King
- Individual Speech members advance to state
- Fame singer Irene Cara dies aged 63